Trade Promotion: Game of Chance
Schedule to Terms of Entry
Name of Promotion: Thousand Lakes Lodge Nov 2018
Permit Number: Not Required
Name of Promoter: Electrical Testing & Compliance Service Pty Ltd T/a ETCS Electrical & Fire
ABN of Promoter: 13 126 026 471
Address of Promoter: 404/189B South Centre Road, Tullamarine VIC 3043
Phone Number of Promoter: 1300 724 001
Relevant States: ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC, WA
• Entrants and their companion must be 18 years of age or over.
• Entrants and their companion must be able to take the prize before Friday 22nd November 2019.
• Entrants and their companion must be residents of Australia.
Wednesday 21st November 2018 (4:00pm AEDT) to Friday 21st December 2018 (4:00pm AEDT)
Entry Method Web Entry:
Entrants must ‘Like’ and ‘Comment’ on the Competition post on the ETCS Electrical & Fire Facebook page.
Maximum Number of Entries One (1) per Facebook User during the Competition Period
Draw Details: The Draw will take place on Friday 21st December 2018 (5:00pm AEDT).
Prize Details: 1x Night Accommodation for 1x Entrant (and companion) at the Thousand Lakes Lodge, Tasmania.
Travel Terms and Conditions
Travel, accommodation and vouchers included in the prize must be taken together and when offered or are forfeited.
Any element of the prize not taken will be deemed forfeited. It is the winner's (and their companions, if any) responsibility to organise transport to/from the airport departure/return point.
The prize winner and their companion (if any) must depart on the same flight.
If the prize winner is unable to travel on the dates notified by the Promoter, the prize winner may forfeit the prize at the sole and absolute discretion of the Promoter.
Redeeming the prize is conditional on acceptance of the terms and conditions of travel as detailed by any travel agency selected by the Promoter, any prize provider and/or the airline carriers in accordance with normal travel practices.
The prize winner is responsible for any amendment’s fees issued by airlines or suppliers once booking is confirmed and ticketed.
The prize winner and their companion are responsible for their own travel insurance for their period of travel.
The prize is subject to availability at all times and may be dependent on restrictions or requirements of the prize, including but not limited to: general inclusions and exclusions of the prize as advised by the Promoter and/or the prize providers, select seat class with airlines or specific room category availability with accommodation provider.
Hotel incidentals, transfers, spending money, meals, phone calls, taxis, additional activities and travel expenses and any other ancillary costs, including but not limited to insurance and any applicable insurance excesses, not listed in the Prize Details above or as advised by the Promoter at the time of winning are the responsibility of the winner and their companion (if any) as incurred.
A credit card may be required upon check in at the hotel.
The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
Dates, venues and schedules are not under the Promoter’s control and are subject to change. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any date, venue or schedule changes.
Total Prize Pool: Up to value of $2000.00 (incl GST)
Notification of Winner/s:
Winner will be notified by 5pm (AEDT) on Monday 24th December 2018 via Facebook Messenger and via post on the ETCS Electrical & Fire Facebook Page.
Publication of Winner/s: The Winner will be published via post on the ETCS Electrical & Fire Facebook Page by 5pm (AEDT) on Monday 24th December 2018.
Prize Claim Date and Time:
Prize/s must be claimed by 5pm (AEDT) on Wednesday 16th January 2019.
Unclaimed Prize Draw Date and Publication Date:
The unclaimed prize draw will be conducted on Thursday 17th January 2019.
The Winner will be published via post on the ETCS Electrical & Fire Facebook Page by 5pm (AEDT) on Thursday 17th January 2019.
An account for the Entrant and their companion will be held at Thousand Lakes Lodge and will be settled by ETCS Electrical & Fire upon departure.
Terms and Conditions: Game of Chance
Terms of Entry
1. These terms must be read together with the Schedule for this competition. The Schedule defines certain terminology used in these terms. By entering, entrants accept these terms. To the extent of any inconsistency between the Schedule and these terms, the Schedule prevails. For the avoidance of doubt, the Promoter’s General Terms of Entry (available on the Station Website) do not apply to this competition.
2. Entry is open only to residents of the Relevant State/s who comply with the Entry Restrictions (if any). Directors, officers, management, employees and other staff (and the immediate families of directors, officers, management, employees and other staff) of the Promoter or of its related bodies corporate, or of the agencies or companies associated with this competition or of any Australian commercial radio broadcaster are ineligible to enter.
3. The competition will be conducted during the Competition Period.
4. To enter the competition, entrants must follow the Entry Method during the Competition Period.
5. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Competition Period. Entrants may submit up to the Maximum Number of Entries. Multiple entries (where permitted) must be submitted separately.
6. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over communications networks or services, the Internet, or computer or telephone networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred. Any form of automated entry using any device or software is invalid.
7. The draw/s (if applicable) will be conducted in accordance with the Draw Details. The prize/s will be awarded to a valid entrant or entrants (as applicable) randomly drawn in accordance with the Prize Details.
8. The prize/s are specified in the Prize Details. The total prize pool is specified in the Total Prize Pool section of the Schedule.
9. Where a prize includes domestic travel, the prize cannot be taken during peak periods and must be booked and completed as specified by the Promoter and/or the supplier or organiser of the prize. If the prize is event based, travel must be taken to coincide with the relevant event on the dates specified by the Promoter. Any flights and accommodation constituting part of a prize are subject to booking and availability. All costs associated with a travel prize which are not specified to be included in the prize, including but not limited to any transfer costs, meals, taxes, insurance and other ancillary costs, are the responsibility of the winner and their companion/s. The winner and any travelling companion/s are responsible for ensuring that they have all necessary travel insurance and documents to travel to the relevant place (including a current passport and visas, if required). The Promoter is not responsible for any cancellation, delay or rescheduling of flights and any costs incurred as a result (including, without limitation, accommodation costs) will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
10. Where a prize involves the winner:
a. attending an event, if any part of the event is abandoned, called off, varied or postponed for any reason, then at the Promoter’s discretion, the relevant winner (and their companion/s, if applicable) forfeits all rights to attend the relevant event and no cash or alternative tickets will be substituted for that element of the prize; and/or
b. meeting or attending a function with a celebrity or other public figure, the Promoter will not be liable for the failure of the winner (and their companion/s, if applicable) to meet that person or failure of that person to attend the function, for whatever reason.
11. If the prize includes vouchers, all vouchers are valid until the voucher expiry date as specified on the voucher or by the provider of the voucher. Vouchers are subject to the conditions stipulated by the provider of the voucher. If the total value of a voucher is not used at the time of redemption, a new voucher may (subject to the conditions stipulated by the provider) be issued for the remaining amount. Any such further voucher is valid for the remainder of the original voucher expiry period. Vouchers cannot be redeemed for further vouchers.
12. The Promoter may in its absolute discretion prohibit an entrant’s participation in this competition, cancel a prize or otherwise cease to provide any benefit of a prize to a winner and their companion/s if the entrant or the winner (or their companion/s), in the opinion of the Promoter, is under the influence of alcohol or any other drug, behaves aggressively or offensively, or behaves in a manner which may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate (or of the business of the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate), is contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate.
13. The Promoter encourages consumers to enjoy alcohol responsibly. Legal aged consumers are advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Alcohol Guidelines. A full version of the Guidelines is available at http://www.alcoholguidelines.gov.au/.
14. All entries and materials submitted to the Promoter in connection with this competition (in any form, including without limitation in hard copy or electronic form), become the property of the Promoter and each entrant warrants that it has the right to transfer these things to the Promoter. The Promoter may use such entries and materials and any intellectual property rights subsisting in them in any medium and in any manner it sees fit, including without limitation, by reproducing, modifying or adapting such entries and materials.
15. Entrants must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding this competition or the winning of any prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter and its related bodies corporate using their name and image in promotional material. Without limitation, entrants consent to being broadcast, filmed, photographed or otherwise recorded without compensation while participating in this competition, or any Challenge involved in this competition, or in page taking or using any prize, and they consent to the Promoter repeating any such broadcast, film or other recording at any time.
16. If an entrant is unable to or refuses or fails to take part in any element of this competition (including, without limitation, a Challenge forming part of this competition), or a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these terms, the Promoter reserves the right to discard that entrant’s entry and proceed as if that entrant had not entered the competition. Entries that, in the Promoter’s judgment, are offensive, defamatory or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate or that infringe any third party rights will be invalid. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The winner/s will be notified as stated in the Notification of Winners section of the Schedule and their name and state of residence will be published in accordance with the Publication Details. By entering this competition, each entrant requests that their full address not be published.
18. If any prize is not claimed by the Prize Claim Date and Time, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to conduct such further draws on the Unclaimed Prize Draw Date as are necessary to distribute the prize/s, subject to any directions given by any relevant authority. If required by law or any relevant authority, the winner/s will have their name and state of residence published in accordance with the Unclaimed Prize Draw Publication Details. If a prize is no longer capable of being redeemed, the new winner/s will receive a prize, as determined by the Promoter, of equivalent value (as if the original prize had been awarded to that person, less any administrative expenses incurred by the Promoter), subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in the Relevant State/s, if required. If no Unclaimed Prize Draw Date is specified, any unclaimed prize/s will be distributed at the Promoter’s discretion.
19. Entrants acknowledge that there may be inherent risks in some aspects of the competition and the prize, and that participation in the competition and/or using the prize may involve participating in dangerous activities. By entering this competition and/or accepting the prize, entrants accept that risk.
20. In order to participate in this competition and/or the activities which may be awarded as part of the prize, the winner (and their companion/s, as applicable) must comply with applicable height, weight, health, fitness, skill, balance, dexterity and any other requirements normally associated with the particular activity. It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that they (and their companion/s, as applicable) are sufficiently healthy and fit so as to safely participate in this competition and/or undertake the activities awarded as part of the prize. The Promoter reserves the right to deem that an entrant/winner (or their companion/s, as applicable) is not sufficiently healthy or fit. The entrant/winner must comply with all requirements and directions of the people responsible for the conduct of the relevant activity and must ensure that their companion/s also comply, if applicable.
21. Prizes and participation in this competition are subject to any conditions imposed by the supplier or organiser of the prize, as applicable.
22. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
23. The Promoter may require the winner/s to provide identification as requested by the Promoter including (without limitation) proof of identity, proof of age and proof of residency. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
24. If due to any reason whatsoever the Promoter becomes aware after an entrant has won a prize that the entrant has not complied with these terms, that entrant will have no entitlement to the prize, even if the Promoter has announced them as a winner and that entrant will be required, at the direction of the Promoter, to return, refund or otherwise make restitution of the prize.
25. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any or all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this competition by, any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the competition or acts in violation of these terms, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
26. No prize is transferable or exchangeable, nor can it be redeemed for cash. In the event or any reason a winner does not take an element of any prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. Where a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute for that prize another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter, subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in the Relevant State/s, if required. Without limiting the foregoing, the Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, substitute cash for any prize (the amount of cash being equal to the prize value specified in the Prize Details).
27. Without limiting paragraph 30, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies make no warranties or representations about the fitness for purpose or suitability of any prize and will not accept responsibility for the quality or fitness for any purpose of any prize, or the failure of any prize to be of merchantable quality. If liability under terms implied by legislation cannot be excluded, the liability of the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies is limited to re-supplying the relevant goods or services or paying the cost of replacing them.
28. If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, telephone network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in each Relevant State, if required.
29. Without limiting any other paragraph, the Promoter may at its discretion amend any aspect of this competition or of these terms, subject to applicable laws and subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in each Relevant State, if required.
30. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where the operation of this competition results in, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants agree to follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
31. Each entrant must ensure that any other person whose details have been provided by the entrant to the Promoter for the purposes of the entrant’s participation in this competition has given their implied or express consent for their details to be provided to the Promoter and any of its related bodies corporate and to be contacted by the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate in relation to this competition.
32. The information entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting this competition. By entering this competition, entrants consent to the storage of their personal information on the databases of the Promoter and the Promoter and its related bodies corporate may use this information for future promotional and marketing purposes regarding their products and services including contacting entrants via electronic messaging. The Promoter may disclose entrants’ personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this competition or communicating with entrants. The Promoter is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988. A copy of our Code of Conduct, including privacy, can be provided if requested by entrants.
33. Unless the contrary intention appears, a reference in these terms, the Schedule or in any advertisement relating to this Competition, to Australian dollars, dollars, AUD$ or $ is a reference to the lawful currency of Australia.
34. Where the competition is communicated on Facebook, entrants and participants in the competition acknowledge that the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook and entrants and participants in the competition release Facebook and its associated companies from all liability arising from the competition. Entrants provide their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
35. Without limiting any other paragraph, the suppliers of the prize may not in any way affiliated with the competition, nor the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to offer the purchase of a good or service as the prize/s for the competition without the endorsement of the supplier.
ETCS Electrical & Fire is an Australian owned and operated business, meeting all your electrical, data, fire, & safety needs.
1300 724 001
ETCS Electrical & Fire acknowledge the Traditional Owners of country throughout Australia and recognise their continuing connection to land, waters, and culture. We pay our respects to their Elders past, present, and emerging.
Copyright © 2018 - All Rights Reserved
Designed by Jessica Saville